Living in Saudi Arabia, I am really missing Fall right about now. Here we go from the season of Summer (Hell) when the average temperature is 110 and you can’t even go outside, to the season of regular summer which is now (80’s to 90’s) to kind of maybe an early Spring season in December when the average temperature is 64 degrees. I am missing the season of leggings, boots, football, tailgating, and of course all things pumpkin spice. This recipe was originally for a cake from Martha Stewart with some tweaking 🙂 These cupcakes taste like a little piece of home! *Disclaimer: NOT healthy.
1 1/2 sticks of butter
2 1/2 cups of flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice (or 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, 3/4 teaspoon ginger, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, and 1/8 teaspoon allspice)
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 can pumpkin puree
Cream Cheese Frosting
8 ounces cream cheese
1 stick of butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Set aside 3 cupcake pans with liners.
2. In a medium bowl, mix all dry ingredients except for sugar. In a separate bowl, mix eggs, sugar, butter and pumpkin until well combined. Slowly add dry ingredients until mixed.
3. Put batter into each cupcake liner, half way full. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean.
4. Make frosting: In a bowl, add cream cheese. Using a spatula, soften it. Gradually add butter until well blended. Add vanilla. Gradually add powdered sugar until well blended.
5. Wait for cupcakes to cool and then add frosting. Enjoy!